Currently She is working in our lab as a Cell Culture Scientist (unpaid). Ms. Rimsha Munir is about to submit her doctoral dissertation in the field of tumor metabolism at the Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, University of the Punjab. The title of her project is “Effect of metabolic stress on lipid profiles of cancer cells”. In addition to that she is also serving as a Molecular Geneticist at the Hormone Lab, Lahore since 2015. She has published multiple research and review articles in well-reputed and peer-reviewed scientific journals, while few articles are in the pipeline. Before starting her PhD she completed her master’s dissertation also from Cancer Biology Lab-MMG. The title of her dissertation was “Blood lipid profiles in cancer patients-Site specific analysis.” She has also served as a faculty member at Ghazali Group of Colleges, Phalia M.B.D (2013-14). In addition to that she served as a teaching assistant at University of the Punjab for Cancer Genetics, Oncology and Cell Culture courses.
- Ameer F, Munir R, and Zaidi N. Invited chapter in: Lipid Metabolism in Encyclopedia of Cancer 3rd Edition 2019.
- Usman H, Munir R, Ameer. F, & Hasnain S. Cancer Associated Dyslipidemia, Invited chapter in: Advances in Dyslipidemia. eBook, 2016.
Journal Article Publications
- Munir R, Lisec J, Swinnen JV, Zaidi N: Lipid metabolism in cancer cells under metabolic stress. British journal of cancer 2019, 120(12):1090-1098.
- Lisec J, Jaeger C, Rashid R, Munir R, Zaidi N: Cancer cell lipid class homeostasis is altered under nutrient-deprivation but stable under hypoxia. BMC cancer 2019, 19(1):501.
- Zaid M, Ameer F, Munir R, Rashid R, Farooq N, Hasnain S, Zaidi N: Anthropometric and metabolic indices in assessment of type and severity of dyslipidemia. Journal of physiological anthropology 2017, 36(1):19.
- Ameer F, Munir R, Usman H, Rashid R, Shahjahan M, Hasnain S, Zaidi N: Lipid-load in peripheral blood mononuclear cells: Impact of food-consumption, dietary-macronutrients, extracellular lipid availability and demographic factors. Biochimie 2017, 135:104-110.
- Usman H, Ameer F, Munir R, Iqbal A, Zaid M, Hasnain S, Scandiuzzi L, Zaidi N: Leukemia cells display lower levels of intracellular cholesterol irrespective of the exogenous cholesterol availability. Clinica chimica acta; international journal of clinical chemistry 2016, 457:12-17.
- Iqbal A, Zaid M, Munir R, Usman H, Kalbacher H, Scandiuzzi L, Zaidi N: Atypical plasma lipid profiles in leukemia. Clinica chimica acta; international journal of clinical chemistry 2016, 452:129-133.
- Munir R, Usman H, Hasnain S, Smans K, Kalbacher H, Zaidi N: Atypical plasma lipid profile in cancer patients: cause or consequence? Biochimie 2014, 102:9-18.
- Munir R, Lisec J, Jaeger C, Zaidi N: Abundance, fatty acid composition and saturation index of neutral lipids are significantly different between isogenic primary and metastatic colon cancer cell lines. 2019:690685.