Ms. Rida Rashid is currently doing her PhD on “The effects of metabolic stress on triglyceride deposition in cancer cells”. From 2016-2107 she served as a Product Manager at Ghazi Brothers. Before starting her PhD she completed her M.S also from Cancer Research Lab, MMG, University of the Punjab. The title of her dissertation was “Lipoproteins and lipoprotein ratios: studying anomalies and correlations in cancer patients”. In addition to that she served as a teaching assistant at University of the Punjab for the courses on Cancer Genetics, Oncology and Cell Culture.
Journal Article Publications
- Lisec J, Jaeger C, Rashid R, Munir R, Zaidi N: Cancer cell lipid class homeostasis is altered under nutrient-deprivation but stable under hypoxia. BMC cancer 2019, 19(1):501.
- Zaid M, Ameer F, Munir R, Rashid R, Farooq N, Hasnain S, Zaidi N. Anthropometric and metabolic indices in assessment of type and severity of dyslipidemia. Journal of Physiological Anthropology. 2017, 36:19.
- Ameer F, Munir R, Usman H, Rashid R, Zaidi N. Lipid-load in peripheral blood mononuclear cells: Impact of food-consumption, dietary-macronutrients, extracellular lipid availability and demographic factors. Biochimie. 2017, 135:104-110.
- Usman H, Rashid R, Ameer F, Zaidi N. Revisiting the Dyslipidemia is Associated with Acute Leukemia. Clinica Chimica Acta. 2015, 444:43–49.
- Rashid R, Ameer F, Kalbacher H, Scandiuzzi L, Zaidi N. Aberrant de novo cholesterogenesis: Clinical significance and implications. Clinica Chimica Acta. 2015, 450: 356-361.
- Zaid M, Ameer F, Ali A, Rashid R, Zaidi N. Comparing the metabolic fates of BALB/c mice maintained on cafeteria-style diets with differential nutritive values. 2018.